The village of Nobleton began as a settlement about 1812, named in honour of Joseph Noble, who had a store on the northeast corner of lot 5, concession 9. Other family names like Wellar, Snider, Pringle, Kaake, Hambly, Hawman, Robb and Hill are seen today on street signs or plaques on heritage homes. One of the most familiar landmarks is the Hambly House, originally built of logs and rebuilt after a fire, at the corner of Hwy 27 and King Rd. The majority of the original settlers to the area came from England, Scotland and Ireland. Other home countries included the United States, Holland and Germany.
Taverns and hotels were built to serve travellers, and merchants offered the residents of Nobleton a variety of products from the two general stores and from the planning mill, which supplied sashes and doors. In the community, services were available from the two blacksmith shops, the local doctor, two telephone companies and the local post office that was built to serve the fledgling businesses.
The slow urbanization of Nobleton began in the 1950's and the 1960's, with development in portions of the village's southwest quadrant. Housing developments began in the northern part of the village in the 1990's and 2000's. Nobleton has seen many changes and moderate growth over the past 200 years. The community still celebrates its heritage proudly, in local events and in history books written by those dedicated to preserving Nobleton's heritage.