Sign In

Election Signs

First day to post for the municipal election: Monday, September 24th, 2018 (28 days prior to election day)

​​​​​​​​An election sign permit is only issued to an Official Candidate or Registered Third Party Advertiser.

Applicants will need to complete an election sign permit application​ form and submit along with the required fee and deposit. The application form will be made available shortly. All sign fees can be found on the Sign-Related Fees page​. The deposit will be refunded provided the sign permit holder has complied with all by-law requirements. If signs are erected contrary to the provisions of the Sign By-law, By-law Enforcement Services may remove the signs. Sign removals carry a $20.00 penalty that will be deducted from the deposit refund per sign removed. ​

Election signs will be permitted in the Township commencing 28 days prior to Election Day (Monday, Septemer 24th, 2018)  for municipal elections and ending 3 days following the day of the election. 

Please note that both Candidates and Third Party Advertisers ('TPA") are required to identify themselves on campaign advertisements and signs, so that it is clear who is responsible for each sign and advertisement that appears or is broadcast.

Election Signs

Election signs include advertising or promotion of a political party or a candidate for the public office in a federal, provincial, or municipal election and require an Election Sign permit.

Registered Third Party Election Signs

Any advertising sign that supports or opposes a candidate of a federal, provincial, or municipal election requires a Third Party Election Sign permit.

Once a Third Party is registered with the Clerk's office, the TPA can apply for a Third Party Election Sign permit to promote or oppose any candidate that the electors in the municipality can vote for (local council, school board trustee positions, and regional or county council offices). 

Third party advertising must be done independently of candidates, who are not able to direct a third party or register as a third party.  

For more information on registering as a Candidate or TPA, or on the 2018 Municipal Election please visit our Elections webpage​

Please consult the Sign By-law​ for specific requirements for Election Signs and ​Third Party Electi​on Signs. 

Important Forms and Information: