Why should I sign up for the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan?
It provides increased flexibility…
Choose from Monthly Plan or Installment Plan – whichever payment option works best for you.
It's more economical…
There is no administration cost for this program. It eliminates the added cost of postage, late fees and interest charges.
You will no longer have to write cheques and you will never miss a payment or waste time waiting in line to pay your Tax and/or Water bill.
It allows for easier monthly financial planning…
Signing up for PAD is the easiest way to budget for your tax payments throughout the year.
How to Enroll:
- Ensure the applicable tax and/or water balance is paid and up-to-date
- Complete the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All PAD submissions must include a "VOID" cheque
- If a Plan is not chosen (Monthly Plan or Due Date Plan), you will be enrolled in the Due Date Plan
- Any application received that is not completed or balance is not paid up-to date will be returned to the owner, along with any VOID cheque accompanying it. If late fees are incurred as a result, they are the responsibility of the property owner
- Once enrolled, you will remain in the program until you choose to withdraw by submitting the PAD Cancellation Form
How the Plans Work:
Tax Bill Payment Plans:
1. Monthly Plan – Equal monthly payments will be automatically deducted on the first business day of each month from February to June, and August to December each year.
- 1st notice will be mailed in January informing the payment schedule and monthly payment amount for the first five months (February to June).
- 2nd notice will be mailed in July informing the payment schedule and revised monthly payment amount for the last five months (August to December).
2. Due Date Plan – Payments will be automatically deducted on the scheduled due dates on your Tax Bills
- Tax bills will be sent to you for information purposes
1. June 1st – enrolment for the mid-year cycle (withdraw starting in August of the current year on a Monthly Plan or the next scheduled due date on you current year Final Tax Bill)
2. Dec 1st – enrolment for the new year cycle (withdraw starting in February of the following year on a Monthly Plan or the next scheduled due date on your new year Interim Tax Bill)
* Confirmation of registration will be sent to the email address provide.
Supplementary Taxes for New Homes and Buildings:
1. Supplementary bill payments will NOT be withdrawn from your bank account based on your chosen payment plan. You MUST pay the Supplementary Taxes separately prior to the due dates. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the PAD plan.
Water and Sewer Bill Payment Plan:
1. Due Date Plan – Payments will be automatically deducted on the scheduled due dates on your Water Bills.
Registration is accepted for the next scheduled due date. Confirmation of registration will be sent to the email address provide.
If a pre-authorized payment is dishonoured by your bank for any reason, a $38.50 service fee for the dishonoured payment will be applied to your account and you will be removed from the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan. Once the account is paid in full, you can re-apply to the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan by submitting a new Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement.
NOTE: All PAD applications must be submitted with a "VOID" cheque.