The Township of King's Mayor's Youth Action Team (MYAT) formed in 2015 and is a voluntary group of young individuals between the ages of 13 to 18 (Grade 9 to 12) whose goal is to support and recognize their fellow youth and ensure that young voices are heard throughout the Township of King. We are always accepting new members, so please contact Kenzie Van Wagner at email@example.com if you are interesting in joining!
The Main objectives of the Mayor's Youth Action Team are:
- To act as an advisory body to the Mayor and Council on matters which have an impact on youth in King.
- To identify and bring forward issues which will have an impact on King youth.
- To foster a positive image of youth in our community by participating actively in community events and activities in King.
- To promote positive meaningful activities for youth in partnership with the community.
- To act as an advocate for youth issues.
- To encourage youth to become more familiar with the workings of local government through education, involvement and participation
Positive Ticket Program
The Township of King is pleased to support the Future ACES Positive Ticket Program in partnership with York Regional Police and the Herbert H. Carnegie Future ACES Foundation, by acknowledging youth in our communities who are "caught in the act" of demonstrating positive behaviour and good decision-making.
Handed out by police officers, the tickets reinforce the character attributes of the Future ACES Philosophy; having a positive Attitude, working together through interactive Cooperation, leading by Example and giving back to others through Service and the values of the York Regional Police.
York Regional Police launched the initiative in September 2007, bringing the Future ACES Positive Ticket Program into the schools and the community to promote good relationships between officers and young people.
Founded in 1987, the Herbert H. Carnegie Future ACES Foundation is a non-profit, registered charitable organization. The Foundation has an association with hundreds of schools and organizations across Ontario to empower and foster positivebehaviour in youth.
What to do when you receive a YRP / Future ACES Positive Ticket
Individuals who receive a YRP / Future ACES Positive Ticket may redeem a coupon from the Township of King by choosing one activity (indicated on the ticket) for which they will receive a FREE one-time admission. The coupon must be surrendered to the recreation provider upon entry.