The Parks Division is a diverse workforce, rich with experience, professional qualifications and knowledge in all aspects of our work. Collectively, our frontline service providers have years of municipal and private sector experience in parks maintenance construction, horticulture and urban forestry management. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service.
WHAT WE DO
With a complement of six (6) full-time and thirteen (13) part -time staff members, the Township of King Parks Division provides a wide range of township services that maintain, beautify, protect and enhance both the existing infrastructure of King and its future growth.
- Maintenance of over 90 Hectares of parkland and over 205 Hectares of passive open space
- Maintain Township wide street beautification program
- Garbage collection in parks, trails and open spaces
- Winter snow removal operations at Township facilities and sidewalks
- Administer and implement the Memorial Tree, Bench and Rock Program
- Contribute to Township wide landscaping design and construction services of new parks, infrastructure improvements and tree plantings
- Sports field maintenance - maintain baseball diamonds, soccer fields and tennis courts
- Horticultural program - annual displays plated throughout the community cores
- Consult with the community on new and upcoming park projects
- Parks Administration